The past ten days have been incredibly intense for me. We learned an entire broadway show in just TEN days!!! That is ridiculously fast.
I haven’t mentioned my role in the show. I am what we call a “swing”. My job is to know every female track in the show, and be able to go on at any moment. I go on if someone is sick, injured, has a personal day, is on vacation, etc. Our show has 9 female ensemble members and I am responsible for them all! It truly is the most difficult job I have ever had. It is also really stressful.
I think everything is catching up to me, because when I came home from work today I felt really run down. The instant I start to feel a tickle in my throat I turn to this smoothie. It sounds a little funny to some people, but I promise it tastes delicious. It will help to boost your immune system and kick that cold before it even has a chance to take over your body!!
Before I share the recipe, I need to introduce you to my number one immune booster:
Spirulina is awesome. It is a blue-green algae and is considered a “super food”. This stuff is OVERFLOWING with nutrients, and is so incredibly good for you. It is also a serious source of vegeterian protein, and will also help to boost your energy!
More Details About Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica
As one of the most nutritious, concentrated whole foods known to humankind, one 3 gram serving of Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica provides:
• 60% protein and an excellent source of Vitamins A, K1, K2, B12 and Iron, Manganese, and Chromium*
• Rich source of health-giving phytonutrients such as carotenoids, GLA, SOD, and phycocyanin*
The Nutritional Benefits
• Strengthens the immune system*
• Boosts energy levels*
• Supports cellular health*
• Supports cardiovascular, eye and brain health*
You can buy it in any health food store, but if you can’t find it, here is a link
Immune Boost Super Smoothie
- 1 banana (frozen or fresh)
- Frozen strawberries (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tsp Spirulina
- 3 packets stevia (more or less depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs cacao Powder ***(or regular cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tbs cooked quinoa (optional. add if you have some already made!)
***Cacao powder is also a super food. It is the powdered form of raw chocolate :)
Blend all ingredients and enjoy!!!
I know that the idea of spinach and kale in a smoothie can be intimidating. I also know that the green color freaks some people out. I promise you can’t taste it, and it is a great way to get an added dose of greens!