WELCOME SPRING!!!!! Finally, mother nature is giving us East Coasters a break from the dreary winter. This weather instantly puts me in a good mood! I don’t know about you, but I find when the weather is nice, I’m even more motivated to get up and workout. I’m definitely a morning workout lady, but when it’s cold, wet, snowy and dark, it’s hard to find the inspiration to get my butt out of bed and to my workout.
This morning, I woke up early, and took a nice long walk over to Flywheel for a flyBARRE class! “Barre” workouts are the best. They utilize small pulsing movements and light weights to target specific body-parts. This class is hard, but it kicks ass. A lot of people are intimidated to try a new workout, but the instructors at this studio are amazing, kind and welcoming. Do yourself a favor, try something new. Your body will thank you!
After my barre class, I noticed that my friend Bree Branker was teaching a FlyWHEEL class(spinning), and quickly jumped on a bike. If you live in NYC, do yourself a favor and get to her class. She is seriously one of the best instructors I have ever had the pleasure of taking! Productive/sweaty spring morning complete!
Clearly, this post isn’t all about working out. I mean if it was, would I be adding these mouth-watering photos of these yummy quesadillas?
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had my bachelorette party last weekend! To start the night off, my gorgeous friends took me to a delicious Mexican restaurant called “Dos Caminos.” Ever since that night I have been craving quesadillas, and who am I to deny this craving?!
One of my favorite things about a good quesadilla is the texture. The outside is fantastically crunchy, and the insides are gooey and satisfying. Since I am clearly in love with butternut squash, I decided that the perfect quesadilla should highlight this perfect squash! The combination of simple flavors lends to a serious blast of flavor. GET INTO THIS RECIPE!
- ½ cup mashed roasted butternut squash (about ½ small squash)
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- ⅛ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ⅛ cup red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup dairy free milk
- 2 TBS water
- 1 slice or ⅛ cup cheese of choice (I used galaxy brand rice cheese)
- 1 gluten free wrap (I use Trader Joe's brand Brown rice wrap)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- optional: hot sauce, salsa
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- CLICK HERE and scroll to the recipe/notes to learn how to peel and seed a butternut squash
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Place half squash flat side down and roast for about 35-40 min or until soft. Allow to cool (leave oven on)
- Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Turn flame to medium heat and cook mushrooms, onion, and spinach until soft
- Add butternut squash, milk and spices and mix all veggies together. Allow milk to absorb
- Take wrap, spoon veggie mixture onto half of it. Add cheese on top of veggies, and fold other half of wrap over.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until wrap is browned
Hope you’re all having a fantastic Saturday!
Thanks for stopping by