Today is the day of LOVE. A day of sweetness. A day for
Yea, everyone should have been eating pancakes this morning. Pancakes are the best. They are sweet, and just a little bit savory. They are comforting, filling, and pretty much perfect. This morning, in my option, I made the perfect pancakes.
Clearly they had to be chocolate. Nothing is perfect without chocolate.
Coffee is also a must, therefore I decided that these pancakes absolutely had to include coffee… (they don’t call it the nectar of the gods for nothing!)
To sweeten it all up, I decided to add blackberries, which as of late, are a favorite fruit of mine.
I also absolutely love quinoa… I can’t help it…these had to include quinoa.
So, there we have it my perfect pancake. Sorry I’m not sorry!
chocolate, coffee, blackberries and quinoa
Oh… and these clearly the needed a topping…
…The perfect topping for the perfect pancake
- ¼ cup quinoa flour (or flour of choice)
- ⅓ cup quinoa cooked
- 2 TBS rolled oats
- 1 tspn flax meal
- 1 chia egg (Or one regular egg) (see note)
- ¼ tspn vanilla
- ½ tspn baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 packets stevia
- ⅓ cup black berries
- ¼ tspn cinnamon
- ⅔ cup hot coffee
- 2½ TBS cacao powder
- For the sauce
- ½ cup blackberries (or pitted cherries)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1 packet stevia
- *To make a chia egg simply combine 1TBS chia seed with 3 TBS water. Mix well and put in the freezer for 15 minutes until a gel has formed.
- For the Pancakes
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and turn flame to medium heat. Spoon batter into the pan. Makes about 4 small pancakes.
- For the sauce
- Spray a small pan with nonstick spray. Transfer blackberries to pan and heat for about 3-4 minutes (cherries should get a bit mushy.) Transfer cherries to a food processor and add coconut oil and stevia. Mix on high until a sauce is formed.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate, top with sauce... ENJOY!!!
Did I mention that these are Vegan and sugar free?
Hope you have a great day!!! Eat some extra chocolate!!!