Chia seed pudding is all the rage right now. My post about Cherry Coconut Chia Seed Pudding Parfait was one of my most popular yet! I understand why. It’s so fantastic that these amazing little seeds have come into the spotlight.
I love experimenting in the kitchen, and often come up with my favorite creations simply by mistake! This recipe was one of the happiest accidents I have ever made.
I was initially going to use oatmeal to separate the layers of deliciousness, but I didn’t have enough oatmeal on hand. When you’re missing an ingredient, you’ve got to make do with what you’ve got. I had organic corn flakes in my pantry and decided to utilize their crunchy texture to create something awesome.
Corn Flakes turned out to be the perfect complement to this creamy chia seed pudding. Adding crushed flakes to the chia mixture while it set, created a thick cake like consistency. The texture is absolutely delightful, and combined with layers of crunchy cereal, creamy yogurt and sweet strawberries, you get a ridiculously yummy strawberry shortcake treat!
This stuff is gluten-free, sugar-free, low-fat, and full of vitamins and nutrients. GET INTO CHIA SEED PUDDING PEOPLE!!!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup corn flakes lightly crushed**
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1 packet stevia
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- optional: 2 TBS canned coconut milk (low fat or full fat)
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or tupperware and cover
- Place in fridge overnight (or at least 3 hours)
- In the morning, your pudding will have set!
- add layers of corn flakes, strawberries, and yogurt in-between layers of pudding
What are your favorite flavors of pudding?