Now-a-days, we are always on the run. We are constantly trying to cram as many activities into 24 hours as we can. Go to work, go to the grocery store, get to the gym, do the laundry, walk the dog…our “To Do” list is never ending! In between all of those errands and obligations, we have to remember to eat, and make healthy choices. WHO HAS TIME?!?!?!?
That’s where these little life savers come in. These blueberry nut bars are amazing because they are grab and go! You can throw it in your bag, and enjoy it later in the day when you realize that you need some energy. Each bar packs healthy fats, slow release carbs, and are refined sugar-free. The fact that you are eating something completely natural, with no processed ingredients, is a win! You can be satisfied knowing that you have made a healthy choice. Well, at least you can check ONE thing off of that “To Do List!”
These will work with just about any nut/ seed combination. I just used what I had in my pantry. I added a little bit of sunflower seed butter to add a nice “PB and J” flavor!
- ⅔ cup blueberries
- 1 large banana
- 2 mejool dates pitted
- 1½ TBS sunflower seed butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ½ cup rolled oats gently pulsed in blender
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 2 TBS buckwheat groats (or an additional 2 TBS oats)
- 2 TBS dark chocolate chips
- 2 TBS raisins
- 2 TBS hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender, gently pulse oats (you want them to break up a bit, but not turn into flour!) Transfer to a bowl.
- In the blender, add mejool dates, nut butter, blueberries and banana and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended fruit over oats in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir completely.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and flatten out so mixture is even.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes. Carefully cut into bars.
- Wrap individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Store in the fridge!
I am really excited about these. I know that they will come in handy when I need something quick but not overly filling. What are you’r favorite quick and easy snacks?