Lately, the topic of inflammation and anti-inflammation has come up a lot with my clients. Ever heard these terms? In order to feel our best, we want to keep the inflammation occurring in our bodies to a minimum. How do we become inflamed? Sometimes we become inflamed because we eat something that we are intolerant to (ex: gluten, dairy, soy etc). Other times, our bodies are inflamed because we simply ate a meal high in sodium. Ever randomly get a skin breakout or rash? Yep, that would be inflammation too. We want to keep inflammation as low as possible in our bodies to prevent fatigue, puffiness, breakouts and fogginess. How exactly to we do that? We eat Anti-inflammatory foods!
There are tons of foods that reduce inflammation in the body. They are simple to incorporate into our every day lives and are usually super tasty (added bonus!)I wanted to highlight an example of how simple it is to add foods that will not only taste great, but amp up anti-inflammatory responses in the body.
- 2 TBS un-popped popcorn*
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 TBS DARK chocolate chips 75% or above (you can use 1square of Dark Chocolate 75% or above)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ TBS Chia Seeds
- ½ TBS Hemp Seed Hearts
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Place kernels in a brown paper bag, fold over and Microwave for about 1½ min*
- Transfer to a bowl and spray non-stick cooking spray over popped popcorn.
- In a small bowl, microwave dark chocolate and coconut oil for about 1 min or until melted
- Top popcorn with all ingredients and toss, drizzling honey and melted chocolate lastEnjoy!