As many of you know, I’m getting married in THREE MONTHS!!! I can hardly believe how quickly the big day is approaching! I’ve been MIA the past few days because my amazing friends threw me a bachelorette party this weekend! It was so much fun and I got to spend time with some of the most amazing women I know. After a weekend of carefree eating, I knew my body needed some healthy foods.
I had a butternut squash that needed to be used and I wanted to make something completely different. Lately, I have been obsessed with my paderno spiralizer, so I decided to experiment a bit using my squash!
I can’t believe I’ve never spiralized a butternut squash! The noodles had such a fantastic texture. They were perfectly al dente, and had that gorgeous roasted flavor that I LOVE. I also never use sage, and discovered that IT’S AMAZING! I have honestly always been a bit intimidated by it. I’m not sure why I was hesitant to use the stuff, but I had absolutely no idea how to utilize it. After this dish, sage will definitely be a staple in my cooking.
Roasted Butternut Squash “Pasta”
- 1 butternut squash (spiralized)
- 4 asparagus spears chopped
- 3 mushrooms chopped
- ½ small shallot chopped
- 1 TBS sage leaves packed
- ½ garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS water
- 1 TBS tahini
- 1 TBS coconut milk yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel and spiralize butternut squash (see note)
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Lay squash spirals on sheet, spray top with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper
- bake for about 10 min or until soft
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray
- add sage leaves, and "fry" until crispy, set aside
- In the same skillet, add garlic, mushrooms, shallot, asparagus and water
- Cover and cook for about 5 min (or until soft)
- Drain water
- Once butternut squash is done, remove from oven and transfer to a bowl
- add cooked veggies to bowl and toss
- Combine all sauce ingredients completely and top veggies
- combine completely
- crush sage and sprinkle to topenjoy!
So there you have it, another spiralized creation! If you don’t already have a paderno spiralizer, go and get one!!! I’ve had mine for a few years now and it has held up really well.