I think that if I had to choose between coffee and dark chocolate, I would choose dark chocolate. That is a BOLD statement my friends, but I hold true to my statement… I would choose the chocolate.
Since Valentines day was yesterday, I decided that I had to post a recipe that included a chocolate dessert! I mean, what Valentines day (or any day) is sufficient without a delicious morsel of chocolatey goodness?
My favorite healthy dessert blog is my friend Katie’s over at Chocolate Covered Katie. Her creativity is astounding, and I love how she is able to take ANY traditional dessert and create a healthy (and more delicious) version!
In the past, I’ve made her Chocolate Pie Crust to rave reviews. I decided to modify the recipe JUST A BIT, and make these bad boys.
These little guys aren’t just filled with chocolatey goodness, but they have a super decadent texture. The chopped nuts on top give them just the right amount of crunch, and their small size helps to keep portions under control!
They are NO BAKE, raw, vegan, and amazing.
- FOR THE CRUST (Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's Recipe)
- 3 TBS pistachios
- 3 TBS shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 avocado
- 1 TBS nut butter of choice
- 5 TBS cocoa powder
- ½ banana
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 packets stevia
- pinch of salt
- 1 TBS chopped pistachios
- For the Crust:
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and mix on high. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Using your hands, squeeze mixture together to create a ball of "dough".
- Take about 1½ TBS of dough and form tiny cups (flatten out and then pinch to build side walls.)
- Makes about 6-7 cups. (set aside)
- For the Filling
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until a mousse is formed. Scoop mixture into dough cups. Top with chopped pistachios.
- *Best if these are put in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!